Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: 11.25 hour shifts (2D/2N)
The Registered Nurse (RN) will function as a key member of an interdisciplinary team providing patient care within the scope of professional nursing practices. The Registered Nurse (RN) promotes collaborative team practice through analysis of outcomes on an ongoing basis. Utilizes evidence-based practice as a base in the promotion of professional accountability. The RN acts as a role model and provides consultation and intervention with other members of the health care team. Demonstrates leadership in effective, efficient utilization of resources. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Current Registration Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses Association
- BCLS required
- Minimum of 1 year Float Pool Nursing experience working within Medicine/Surgery and Oncology
- Ability to respond to emergency situations; rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs
- Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills required
- Develop and utilize research based teaching and resource material
- Good attendance record
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.