Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: 11.25 hour shifts (2D/2N)
The RPN will work within Medicine, Surgery, Oncology and Adult Mental Health and will function as a key member of an interdisciplinary team providing patient care within the scope of professional nursing practices. Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 1 year experience required in float pool nursing in the units described above
- Ability to respond to emergency situations by rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs
- Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to monitor patient risk and provide appropriate care to mental health patients
- Good attendance record
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.